Out of the Otter Valley

A place where descendants of the White, Dyer, Carter, Paver and Bridle families of East Devon, and their connections, can swap information and communicate without maintaining complicated e-mail address lists.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

News

Some grisly news. I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep up with my researches and the Blogs. I have been off colour for some time, and finally got to see a physician because I wasn't satisfied with the answers I was getting from my GP. Turns out I am suffering from Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. Today, I have an appointment to be told the final diagnosis and prognosis and to plan chemotherapy treatment. I will let you know how things go.

Later in the day:
Friday 11th - insert Port-a-cath.
Monday 14th - admit to hospital for first doses of CHOP-14 chemotherapy. Need to be monitored because we already know that Prednisolone precipitates painful attacks of gout. In the end, that didn't happen but the pred did turn me into a temporary diabetic requiring insulin injections when actually taking the steroid (5 days out of 14).

Saturday 26th - Doctor happy with progress so far. Worst symptoms have faded. More chemotherapy on Monday afternoon, but I can have it in the small day hospital not far from my house.

Wednesday 30th - Second Chemo on Monday, white cell growth factor jab yesterday. Hair started to fal out Monday night, had a No.1 buzz cut on Tuesday morning. The daughter says I look like Shrek - don't like the way she giggled when she said that. Other than that, all fine. Steroid induced diabetes comes under control fairly quickly after the shock of the first day. Feeling good, and all the signs are that this will be a successful treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home