Joseph HEAL (husband of Isat CARTER)
Today, in my Genes Reunited Inbox, was this:
"Hello Geoffrey - I have in my possession a Family Bible which was bought some years ago from a Boot Fair for pennies!! The family in question are the Heals and from my research, came from Exeter.
You are the nearest match I can find on Gene's.
I have a Joseph Heal born July 1834 son of Joseph Heal, born Feb. 1810 and Sarah Fisher Heal, born May 1810. There are other children. Do you think this is your family?
Best wishes Jean"
I replied:
"It certainly looks like my Joseph HEAL, born July 1834, Exeter.
Joseph's wife, Isat CARTER, was my 2nd Great-Grandaunt. Joseph and Isat's eldest daughter was Sarah Jane (b.1856).
If you are in Devon or nearby, then there is a CARTER family researcher (whose name escapes me but she was on Time Team some while back) who lives somewhere near Dotton Mill.
Otherwise, Ros HICKMAN, the Online Parish Clerk for Otterton might be able to point you towards CARTER or HEAL family members still in the area and interested in gaining access to the Bible.
Contact me directly on (one of my email addresses)
Cheers
Geoff"
Anyone out there know of anybody else doing HEAL research?
========================================
19 Nov 2010: Got this sorted now. Contact from NZ from the family of a son of James Amor HEAL (of the China Inland Mission) pointed me to a HEAL family researcher in the UK. Done and dusted.
"Hello Geoffrey - I have in my possession a Family Bible which was bought some years ago from a Boot Fair for pennies!! The family in question are the Heals and from my research, came from Exeter.
You are the nearest match I can find on Gene's.
I have a Joseph Heal born July 1834 son of Joseph Heal, born Feb. 1810 and Sarah Fisher Heal, born May 1810. There are other children. Do you think this is your family?
Best wishes Jean"
I replied:
"It certainly looks like my Joseph HEAL, born July 1834, Exeter.
Joseph's wife, Isat CARTER, was my 2nd Great-Grandaunt. Joseph and Isat's eldest daughter was Sarah Jane (b.1856).
If you are in Devon or nearby, then there is a CARTER family researcher (whose name escapes me but she was on Time Team some while back) who lives somewhere near Dotton Mill.
Otherwise, Ros HICKMAN, the Online Parish Clerk for Otterton might be able to point you towards CARTER or HEAL family members still in the area and interested in gaining access to the Bible.
Contact me directly on (one of my email addresses)
Cheers
Geoff"
Anyone out there know of anybody else doing HEAL research?
========================================
19 Nov 2010: Got this sorted now. Contact from NZ from the family of a son of James Amor HEAL (of the China Inland Mission) pointed me to a HEAL family researcher in the UK. Done and dusted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home