Out of the Otter Valley

A place where descendants of the White, Dyer, Carter, Paver and Bridle families of East Devon, and their connections, can swap information and communicate without maintaining complicated e-mail address lists.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Some new photos

I have now added some photos to the blog (see John's Photos).
Isaac Bridle was born, 1843, at Otterton. He brought his own family up in Torquay where he worked as a baker.
His grand-daughter, Eva Bridle, was born at Torquay in 1885. She is seen in the photos with her husband, Arthur Sayers, and their daughter Irene who was Pam's mother.
Pam's seen with son Peter outside the Sheldonian, Oxford in 2001.

Eva Bridle was "in service" in the early 20th century and travelled widely with the family. I have a postcard album recording some of the travels with comments and hope to publish some of these soon.

John

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 am, Blogger Geoff_D said…

    Good on you, John! I see you've discovered how to edit the template. Don't forget, you can use your 'powers' as an administrator to invite others to join in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home