Newspaper cuttings
I have added three newspaper cuttings taken from The Exmouth Journal of the mid 1990's. They were in my late mother's belongings. Her parents, Lucy Catherine Northcott and Frederick George Pile, were both brought up in Otterton and when the school ran a project on the history of the village she submitted a few articles, one of which I have as a hand written essay. If anyone wants a copy perhaps they would email me at robin.bendall@ntlworld.com It is 19MB so is too large to be sent as an email attachment but I can get it to you if you wish.
Two of the articles led to the named school photos in my photobucket. Note that the spelling of Verena Gertrude Northcott is wrong, they show Verona it should be Verena.
I don't know if Philip White, shown in the thatcher article. is related to any of you White's, I shall be interested to know.
Like most people related to anyone in Otterton I find I have links to most of the families as there was so much inter marrying going on over the centuries. That includes the Pavers, Langmeads, Whites, Bridles, Northcotts, Piles etc. etc.
Robin
Geoff says: Speaking of newpaper clippings, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/geoffd/FamilyHistory/Weddings_Funerals/EEWhiteParsons.jpg gives a comprehensive roll call of White relatives (in 1923) and their relationship to the deceased.
Two of the articles led to the named school photos in my photobucket. Note that the spelling of Verena Gertrude Northcott is wrong, they show Verona it should be Verena.
I don't know if Philip White, shown in the thatcher article. is related to any of you White's, I shall be interested to know.
Like most people related to anyone in Otterton I find I have links to most of the families as there was so much inter marrying going on over the centuries. That includes the Pavers, Langmeads, Whites, Bridles, Northcotts, Piles etc. etc.
Robin
Geoff says: Speaking of newpaper clippings, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/geoffd/FamilyHistory/Weddings_Funerals/EEWhiteParsons.jpg gives a comprehensive roll call of White relatives (in 1923) and their relationship to the deceased.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home