Madge Dyer's Uncles & Aunts #1

In Madge's handwriting, on the back: "The side view of one of my Uncle's houses"

In Madge's handwriting, on the back: "This you will recognise as the end I expect opposite the big pond".
Clearly, the same house photographed at different times before about 1919. Can anyone enlighten me as to which house, and which uncle? Is the house still standing?
Likely candidates. Brothers of Sarah Ann (White) Dyer are: Thomas Carter White (but he built Hollyfield, which I don't think this is), George White, Sidney J White, Samuel White, and Lamprier White. Spouses of Sarah Ann's sisters are: Joel Hayman (Elizabeth Carter White), John Parsons(Evelyn Emily White)- unlikely as this does not appear to be Woodford, Sidney O White (Mary S White).
I'm not good at guessing! Diane informs me that this is, indeed, Woodford Barton at Ottery St Mary. Sidney White lived there, but which Sidney? The brother of Sarah Ann or the brother-in-law?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home